Introducing Cat S60, With A Built In Thermal Camera
Cat phones has added a new flagship smartphone to its portfolio. Calling it the Cat S60, an extremely rugged phone with an extra niche twist thanks to a very unique feature: it is the first phone with a built in thermal camera.
The Cat S60 is a huge smartphone with a 12.95mm thick die-cast steel frame. It weighs 222g and feels solid as a rock. The device is built from a mixture of a hardened polymer and a sturdy metal. The side-facing microSD and Nano SIM ports are covered with the plugs, and the front’s adorned with a chunky bezel and clicky physical home, back and menu buttons.
More importantly, it runs a near-stock version of 6.0 Android Marshmallow, sports a surprisingly quick Snapdragon 617/3 GB of RAM combo and doubles as the world’s first phone with a built-in thermal imager.
FLIR’s Lepton camera and the 13-megapixel camera around back work in tandem, with thermal image superimposed over the live image from traditional sensor.
It is IP68 certified and can withstand a 6-foot fall onto concrete and can be submerged up to 16-feet (5m) underwater for up to 60 min — making it the most waterproof phone on the market.
Cat S60 key features :
- Super bright display (typical 540 nits), Gorilla Glass 4
- Strengthened Die Cast Frame
- Drop proof to 1.8m, MIL Spec 810G
- Underwater 13MP main camera with dual flash, 5MP front-facing camera
- 4.7-inch HD capacitive multi-touch with auto wet finger & glove support
- 4G LTE
- Optimised battery performance (3800mAh)
- Snapdragon 617 octa-core processor
- Android Marshmallow
- 32 gigabyte ROM, 3 gigabyte RAM
- Dedicated FLIR thermal camera app with MSX technology; still image, panorama, and video capture; temperature spot meter; changeable heat palettes; and min, max, and average temperature data.